Let’s dive into the facts that show how Life Leadership is not a “cult”, but a fantastic “culture” that is making a difference in people’s lives around the world. Here is the link to part 1 of this article –>
Ways to identify a real “cult”:
- Who do they identify their source of Authority?
- What do they believe about the trinity?
- What do they believe about Salvation?
- They oppose critical thinking and discourage people from thinking for themselves.
- They dishonor the family unit.
- They isolate members and penalize them for leaving the group.
- They seek loyalty to a leader above loyalty to Jesus.
- They cross biblical boundaries of behavior.
- They encourage separation from church.
- They emphasize special revelations that contradict Scripture.
- They group lavishes the leader with un-earned luxury.
- They seek to alter personality and, in some cases, create a new name for certain members.
How does Life Leadership stack up to this list?
First of all, Life Leadership is a business that sells a product. A business inherently cannot be scrutinized and compared to a “cult”-like church or organization. Secondly, the Life Leadership does not, and will never harbor prejudice based upon another member’s faith or belief system. Life Leadership will never profess or publish any particular religious views or doctrine, because Life Leadership is a business. Success in the marketplace (along with State and Federal law) is the only measuring stick we can use. However, because what we are analyzing are the motives and intentions of this community of people, it is imperative to study its pinnacle of leadership. Orrin Woodward is a founding member of Life Leadership and is currently serving as Chairman of the top leadership group within Life Leadership called “the Policy Council”. Chris Brady is also a founding member and currently serves as CEO and creative director of Life Leadership. Here is how these two gentlemen stack up to the aforementioned list, keeping in mind that they have never forced their beliefs onto other people:
- Orrin and Chris both believe the complete Bible (The 66 books of the Old & New Testament) as the ultimate source of absolute truth.
- Orrin and Chris both believe in only one living and true God, and in the Godhead there are three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
- Orrin and Chris both believe that, in order to be saved, sinners must be born again; that the new birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus; that it is instantaneous and not a process.
- Orrin, Chris and the entire Policy Council believe in a self-directed education. They want you to read and think for yourself. There are certain recommendations to build the business model, but no rules. The only rules are ones that are sales and marketing rules enforced by the FTC and federal government.
- Every piece of media sold by Life Leadership is meant to encourage people to think and analyze their own lives (not the lives of others).
- Members and customers are encouraged to be free to work inside of win-win relationships. There are no penalties for leaving. The goal is for everybody to have a positive experience regardless of his or her tenure. In reference to business goals, living debt free is elevated as one of the highest goals for every customer and member.
- Loyalty is earned through service. Orrin Woodward and the rest of the PC work tirelessly to serve their teams. They are never ashamed to give honor where honor is due.
- Character, integrity and strong moral fiber are the goals to personal growth in the Life Leadership business. The Bible is the rock that Orrin and Chris stand upon. However, I will tell you that Orrin and Chris are, just like all Christians, sinners saved by grace. Every member in Life Leadership is being molded and going through a personal growth process. To pick them apart and try to find fault, you would first have to “take the log out of your own eye”.
- Again, the Life Leadership begins every meeting with a word of prayer. There is a non-denominational Sunday worship service at all National Conventions. Every man and woman has free will to seek their creator their own way. The leadership team encourages and challenges members to seek answers to the deeper questions about your life. They don’t tell you what to believe, but instead, as Tim Marks always says, “know why you believe what you believe”. Whatever your faith is, make sure it is a studied faith.
- Orrin and Chris certainly do not stand on stage and share revelation that contradicts the Bible. Again, Life Leadership is a business group, not a religious group.
- There is no special treatment or lavishing of luxuries with any of the PC. They teach by example by either being completely debt-free (including no mortgage) or striving to be. The PC earns his or her bonuses and commissions with the same compensation plan everybody else has. The Financial Fitness Program is at the center of everything that is taught with respect to money.
- As somebody earns success in Life Leadership, they do not become a new person. They are the same person, just a little wiser and a more humble. Wise, because they had to read to learn how to solve problems in people’s lives. Humble, because success in Life Leadership depends on taking your eyes off of yourself and helping another human being towards success.
When you get to know Orrin Woodward, Chris Brady and the rest of the PC leaders, you will see that they are always mindful of where their blessings come from. They understand the truth of Matthew 23:12 and Luke 14:11 –
“And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Life Leadership is NOT a cult
The longer you are around this organization and it’s leaders, you will see that these folks are living right! Keep in mind that I said to get around the leaders (I realize that every once in a while a newer member may make mistakes and sometimes misrepresent the business model). Nobody in the organization is perfect, but they are striving to get better every day. Life Leadership is a fantastic opportunity for people to grow personally and professionally – beginning with understanding the Financial Matrix and how to escape its grasp on your life. Life Leadership is helping customers and members both learn how to experience freedom more abundantly – in the areas of financial freedom, political freedom and spiritual freedom. So do your due diligence; if you have not attended a Life Leadership seminar (especially a major convention) you really wont know what you are missing. Enjoy the journey!
PS. Check out what Life Leadership is doing with the All Grace Outreach (AGO) program: