The answer is NO, and here is why:
People all over the world love to use simple phrases and terms to encapsulate ideas and concepts – whether they understand them or not.
The term “pyramid” or “pyramid scheme” is a derogatory term that has been used predominately as a blanket statement to describe all multi-level marketing (MLM) businesses.
There are legal MLM businesses and illegal ones. Ignorant people never take the time to learn the difference or the truth. It is usually easier for somebody to regurgitate something they heard from another ignorant person that it is to get the facts for themselves.
What is an illegal pyramid scam?
From US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) specialist, Aditi Jhaveri, on signs of an illegal pyramid scheme (paraphrased):
- Pyramid schemes are illegal.
- Pyramid schemes are where your income is based mainly on the number of people you recruit, and the money those new recruits pay to join the company — not on the sales of products to consumers.
- You’re required to buy lots of inventory.
- You’re forced to buy other things you don’t want or need just to stay in good standing with the company.
What makes Life Leadership a legitimate marketing business?
- Life Leadership is not an illegal pyramid. It is, in my opinion, the new standard of a direct marketing that is going to improve the world! It is inherently a “next generation” multi-level marketing business that has fixed most of the problems inherent in other MLM models.
- In Life Leadership, the percentage of volume that comes from sales to customers is very high. Furthermore, not only are you required to generate customer sales, but there are amazing contests every quarter with cash prizes and exotic vacations that members are excited about achieving.1
- In Life Leadership, you will not be penalized at all for not buying anything. In fact, if a person generates 3 customer subscriptions, the member gets their subscription free! Any inventory of sample products is strictly optional.1
- Again, in Life Leadership, you are not forced to buy anything to stay in good standing. There are only 2 mandatory things in Life Leadership: (1) To get paid, you must generate customer volume. (2) To maintain your membership, you must pay a tiny renewal fee annually.1
What to believe about Life Leadership and Orrin Woodward?
In summary, Life Leadership is the new gold standard for direct marketing. So if you are really checking into Life Leadership, call the people back, setup a time to get back together and check out their Tuesday open meeting – seriously! Then get a copy of The Leadership train by Orrin Woodward. This will illuminate the landscape for your journey. Then let the dogs bark while you go kick some butt!
Beware: The uninformed, uneducated, jealous, bitter and unqualified2 are out there! They will at best, try to educate you on their ignorance; and at worst, vomit lies, twist the truth and slander about this business and this industry.
1 Refer to the latest Life Member Compensation Plan for specifics.
2 Qualified members are hungry, honorable and hone-able.