Today on STRS (Set The Record Straight), I want to shed some light on a dispute that goes back 6 years now between Raquel Peters and Eric Blomdahl (and since then dragging George Guzzardo, Dan Hawkins and Orrin Woodward into the mud).
When I discovered that this argument was still going on and is now being battled out in court, I was stunned! Another misunderstanding that spiraled into bitterness and hurt ego that could have been easily resolved.
Before I STRS, let me summarize and get you up to speed: There is a lawsuit in Oneida Wisconsin court where Eric Blomdahl is suing Raquel Peters to get her to stop her damaging social media ‘hissy-fit’ about how her up-line did her wrong and stole part of her group back in 2008. Raquel Peters is suing Eric Blomdahl, Dan Hawkins, George Guzzardo, Orrin Woodward and Life Leadership for lost bonuses. You with me so far?
This is a really simple one to clear up, but we have to go back to the fall of 2007 to how the whole thing started:
- *Summer 2007, Quixtar mandates radical changes that will hurt distributors.
- *Orrin stands up for all distributors (not just his own organization) at a board meeting.
- *Quixtar threatens Orrin.
- *Orrin resigns from Quixtar.
- *May other top distributors (not just in Orrin’s network) resign.
- *People get a mass ultimatum letter from Quixtar with a deadline to pledge allegiance to them (in other words, choose your side).
- *Quixtar gets a judge to issue a gag order for Orrin.
- *People resign from Quixtar en mass.
- *Quixtar sues Orrin claiming that he violated a gag order and coerced people into leaving.
- *Everyone is banned from joining another business for 6 months (non-compete clause) from the date of resignation.
- *Quixtar extends gag-order to other top leaders. Orrin’s gag order is extended even longer than this 6 month period.
- *After 6 months, people find out that some of their leaders are joining MonaVie – which, at the time, very few people had a clue how MonaVie compensation plan works or how to properly structure it.
- *Leaders had no communication with Orrin or many of the top leaders from the past, so leaders that were past their 6 month window had to figure out how to properly register people for themselves, hoping that they could iron everything out over time.
- *NOTE: This was a time where I saw people exercise 3 choices: 1. Quietly quit by refusing to register in MonaVie; 2. Register, but then loudly quit by complaining, criticizing and condemning; 3. Register, then complain but work to get any and all issues worked out.
- *Thankfully, MonaVie allowed plenty of time after this for people to re-arrange their group and correct any errors based upon the consent of all parties. If there was any issue or disagreement whatsoever, THERE WAS PLENTY OF TIME TO FIX ANY AND ALL PROBLEMS.
- *Now, after all of this mess was sorted out, training materials and seminars were created to learn how to build a MonaVie team.
- *This is where “Team” comes in. It used to be that when you had a certain volume of training materials in your group (CDs, books and seminar tickets), you received a certain amount compensation.
- *Some people decided that they didn’t want to build MonaVie anymore. (OK, people are free to do whatever they want).
- *So some people either quit or left to join another business, but still wanted to get paid based on group volume that they left behind and quit on. (Yes, I was dumbfounded too!)
- *Some people even said bad things online and social media, but still wanted to get paid on group volume that they were trying to destroy via gossip and slander. (Can you imagine bad-mouthing your last job and still expecting them to send you a paycheck? HA!)
- *After the legal entanglements with Quixtar, Orrin and his core group of leaders were advised to create something new in the networking industry: A “board of directors” very similar to how a law office or large corporation works. This became the new way that compensation would be paid when it comes to profits on training materials. Smart idea! Companies have been successfully doing this for years!
- *There was a meeting to roll this out. Everybody knew about this. Everybody that ever qualified to receive compensation through Team was invited. There was even a provision to get those that could not make it up to speed. A new “Director” agreement had to be signed to receive compensation. A big part of this agreement was that you would behave with character and integrity and that you would not disparage your fellow “Directors”.
Stay tuned for the next article, where we will address the issues one paragraph at a time!